Miss Macon’s Outstanding Teen is an OPEN preliminary to Miss Georgia’s Outstanding Teen and Miss America’s Outstanding Teen. This means that our competition is OPEN to any eligible young woman who lives, works, or attends school in Georgia.
In addition to the $150 scholarship the Miss Macon Scholarship Association will award to the 2023 Miss Macon’s Outstanding Teen(OTeen) (upon entering college), Wesleyan College has agreed to a 4-year scholarship $16,000 each year. $15,000 for the 1st runner-up for 4 years and $14,000 for the 2nd Runner-up for 4 years!
To compete you must:
Live and attend school in Georgia (must provide proof of residence or school). The age eligibility range is 13 to 18 (must provide copy of birth certificate). The following clarification on age eligibility is taken from the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen contract:
Eligibility for TEEN candidates is as follows:
- A Teen must be at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the first day of the State Competition in which she competes (June 2023).
- A Teen must not be older than eighteen (18) years old as of December 31st, 2023 (the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes). To further clarify, the candidate cannot turn 19 years old at any time during the calendar year in which she would compete at state (January 1st, 2023 through December 31st, 2023)
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact our Executive Director, April Montgomery.
- Must fulfill one of the following:
- Must reside in the state of competition
- Be successfully enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited public or private school, or home schooled within the state of competition.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss America Competition (see Miss Program Eligibility requirements above).
- Candidates must meet all additional requirements pursuant to the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen State and Local Application & Agreement (see candidate manual.
The next competition will be held at the Auditorium of First Presbyterian Day School(FPD) in Macon on Saturday, August 27, 2022 with dress rehearsal the night before on Friday, August 26th. DEADLINE FOR ENTRY (paperwork packet, talent track, head shot, and entry fee) is August 15, 2022. A reduced room rate for accommodations is available for August 26 and 27.
All rooms have Kitchens and king beds. Studios have a pullout couch-$139.00 and one bedroom at $149.00 for Friday 8/26 and 8/27. Rate includes a continental breakfast. When you click on the link, put in your dates and search. Next page click special rates tab. Put in code MSA.
Deadline is August 21.
1514 Bass Road
Macon, GA 31210
Click the link below for all competition files and other pertinent information. Please read through it thoroughly and feel free to ask questions.